Updates on Camp and Coronavirus
In our effort to communicate thoroughly, we recognize the value of having all of our information in one place. We will keep this page current with new information, communication, and updates.
4. State of Texas: Protocols for Resident/Overnight Youth Camp Families
5. State of Texas: Protocols for Resident/Overnight Youth Camp Operators and Staff
1. We continue our commitment to be transparent with you and our hope is that there will be a way to have camp operate this summer. The current environment remains uncertain so we will delay our payment deadline until May 22. Once again, we will make no withdrawals without notifying you in advance.
2. We have been approved by the State of Texas to run camp this summer; sessions will begin on June 7. A full calendar of sessions is available here: Dates and Rates. We think that camp may be more important than ever this year, as it may provide campers an important break from any stress and anxiety caused by the disruption of normal schedules at home.
3. We remain in close contact with the American Camp Association, and continue to monitor the situation with information from the CDC and the Texas Department of Health. As always, health and safety remain our #1 priority at camp.
4. As of now, camp is on for this summer and we have updated our cancellation policy to reflect the current situation. Families will be able to cancel with no penalty up to 48 hours before a camp session begins. In this case, we will work with the family on whether we can roll any payments forward to the following year or arrange for a full refund.
5. In the unlikely event that federal, state, or local government requires that camp must be canceled entirely, we will move your registration forward to summer 2021 or you may request to make arrangements for a refund.
What to do at home while school is closed
We made an extra resource page with ideas for families who are looking for things to do with kids while schools are closed. We will update it each week with new ideas! Have fun and let us know if you come across any great ideas you’d like to share.